One of ACU’s core values is service to the wider community and the common good. ACU students are encouraged to contribute to campus life, take part in our Core Curriculum and give back through community engagement.
The ACU Student Veteran Impact Award aims to provide recognition to student veterans who make significant contributions to the university and wider community.
Any student veteran can self-nominate or nominate someone else. There are two categories for the awards, ‘Continuing Students’ and ‘Graduating Students’. Nominees should extensively support their peers in a meaningful way. Nominees can also be recognised for community engagement such as SES, volunteer, fire rescue, homelessness support or social improvement programs.
We encourage all student veterans who recognise these qualities in themselves or their peers to nominate for this award. Please read the eligibility criteria and key dates associated with the awards below.
- Awards given for significant and meaningful contributions to the community (university/wider community)
- Must demonstrate GPA >5.5
- Award presented per year
- Nominations sought through students, staff, and self-nomination
- Selected by Award Task Force
Criteria & Eligibility
- Current student veteran studying at ACU (provide evidence of service if not registered to SVSP)
- Full-time study load
- Completed at least 60 credit points of study over academic year
- GPA >5.5 (calculated based on study completed to date)
- Awards given for significant and impactful contributions to the community (university/wider community). This can be regular and substantial involvement in the ACU or external community or NGO during the current year. The impact of one’s involvement must be clearly articulated and endorsed in the nomination form; this can include:
- Supporting peers on campus
- Engaging in programs and supporting students on campus
- Supporting veteran organisations
- Supporting the community i.e. volunteering, SES, community groups
How to Apply
- Any student veteran who meets eligibility criteria can self-nominate by completing nomination form below
- The application must include endorsement from a relevant ACU staff member/community leader or external organisation
- See application key dates on submission portal
- Presented at Student Veteran Awards Event Annually
- All nominated students are invited to the event
- Awarded students will not be notified prior the Event