All clients must disclose in full how they intend to use the venue.
The University reserves the right to decline or cancel any booking request at any time if there is reasonable cause to believe the use of the venue may:
- compromise the safety or wellbeing of staff, students, facilities or cultural and community assets
- incite violence or discrimination in any form
- damage the University’s property or reputation
- breach any laws
- interrupt the core activities of the University or otherwise create unwarranted disturbance to the amenity of the campus.
The University will not hire venues to external clients for any of the following types of events:
- events that promote the use of alcohol or tobacco
- events that promote the armaments or sex industries
- events in which a person involved as a presenter, attendee or organiser is likely to cause a risk to the safety of speakers, visitors or the University community
- events likely to interrupt the core activities of the University or otherwise create unwarranted disturbance to the amenity of the campus
- events held by organisations which falsely misrepresent their purpose or services
- events that conflict with the University’s mission and values.
The University reserves the right not to provide a reason for cancellations, rejections or changes to a booking request for an external client.
The University reserves the right to monitor events at any time, whether for external clients or otherwise.
External clients who hire a University venue are responsible for the cost of any damage to the venue or to any University property within the venue that occurs during the hire period.
As a condition of hire, external clients are required to hold their own public liability insurance policy to a (minimum) limit of liability of $10,000,000, as they are not covered by the University’s insurance. The University may ask for a copy of the certificate of currency at any time.
Cancellations are required at least 5 business days prior to the event date.