The Student Veterans Support Program (SVSP) provides ACU student veterans, who are current or former military personnel, with access to a range of support services and academic resources to help ease the transition into uni life. From the big exam to balancing your studies, we’ll be in your corner every step of the way.
The SVSP is open to ACU students who have completed or are completing a specific term of military service in either the army, air force, or navy, as well as those in the reserves. Students with international military service are also encouraged to apply. As an SVSP member:
- You’ll be able to negotiate your study around your external or service commitments.
- Your requests to lecturers and course coordinators for academic adjustments will be supported (where evidenced) by the SVSP team.
- You’ll have access to early timetabling allowing you to better schedule your classes around your commitments.
- If you have received final results for at least one semester in your course, you can apply to take a break (interrupt) your studies.
- If you have a disability or long-term condition that impacts upon your studies, we offer support, special consideration, and flexible options such as exams deferral and online or part-time study.
- If you don't think you can submit your assignment by the due date, you can apply for an extension with support from the SVSP team.
- You can develop your academic skills with help from the Academic Skills Unit (ASU). The ASU runs free classes and workshops throughout the semester and the SVSP is in the process of establishing student veteran resource sessions to provide students with a consolidation of academic skills prior to classes commencing.