Before you begin to navigate your way through university, it helps to orient yourself. And the best way to do that is by joining us at orientation day. We can't wait to give you a hero's welcome
Find friends while finding your feet
Kicking off the week before classes begin, orientation is dedicated to introducing us to you – and you to your future.
You’ll be allocated a day during orientation week based on your course and campus.
On that day, you’ll explore your new campus and facilities, meet your future classmates, taste-test your way around our cafes, check out orientation sessions and events, and get some free stuff. It’s the perfect start to uni life.
What happens at orientation
Starting your first year of study is exciting, but it can also have a lot of unknowns. We get that this can be daunting. That’s why orientation is designed to be fun and informative, and to give you opportunities such as:
- familiarising yourself with your campus
- attending a day of activities specific to your course
- learning about the student services and support available to you
- mapping your future lecture theatres, study spaces and hangout places on a campus tour
- meeting other students and classmates
- discovering our line-up of social clubs and activities.
Sort your orientation plan
Ready to get started? To make sure the day is as useful, practical and beneficial for you as possible, we’ve created a personal planner just for you.
You can view your orientation plan by logging in to your student portal.
Be sure to bring your planner on the day, too. It’s a good idea to email a copy of your plan to yourself using the ‘Email your planner’ option in the portal.