How to apply

Join an active and engaged research community working to solve the critical challenges we face in the world today. Follow our simple step-by-step application process and open up new possibilities for your career and future.

Follow these instructions if you want to apply for one of the following research degrees:

You are a domestic applicant if you are one of the following: 

  • Australian citizen
  • Australian permanent resident
  • Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder 
  • New Zealand citizen.  

You are an international applicant if you will need a temporary student visa to study in Australia.

A research degree is a masters or doctorate that is mostly made up of researching and writing a single thesis.

We also offer postgraduate degrees made up of different units and classes, however these are known as postgraduate coursework degrees.

If you’re looking to apply for a postgraduate coursework degree, such as a graduate certificate, graduate diploma or masters by coursework, you should visit our application page for postgraduate students.

Learn how to apply for a postgraduate coursework degree

ACU future research students

Applications for domestic students

Get started
ACU Student experience

Applications for international students

Get started

Need help? We're here to assist

Have a


Our contacts

Have a question for a specific
team? Ask the right person.

View all contacts