Why study the Tertiary Preparation Program?
- Prepares you specifically for undergraduate studies in health sciences
- Allows you to meet the English and the academic entry requirements for nominated Health Science degrees
- Develops your English language proficiency within the context of your discipline
- Is an ideal course if you are a qualified Health Professional, a student with tertiary study experience, or have recently finished high school
- Familiarises you with the university campus, campus life and academic expectations at an Australian university
About this course
The Tertiary Preparation Program (Health Sciences) is an excellent pathway option for students who need to meet the English language or academic entry requirements for a number of degrees, including the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science or Bachelor of Exercise, Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Bachelor of Nutrition Science.
This program has been designed with professional input from the ACU English Language Centres and the Faculty of Health Sciences to prepare students with the appropriate skills and content for their chosen degree.
In this program, you will study a combination of English language and academic skills subjects related to the disciplines of health sciences. Within these subjects, you will complete tasks which familiarise you with the kinds of assessments you will be required to complete in your first year of undergraduate studies.
During your enrolment in the Tertiary Preparation Program, you will have access to all of the university facilities, and will learn study strategies and skills to help you meet academic expectations. On successful completion of the program, you can gain entry into specified degrees without sitting for an external proficiency test. Please note that Bachelor of Nursing applicants must meet the language entry requirements with an external proficiency test result.
You can learn more about the Tertiary Preparation Program, including course rules, registering your interest and applying, by visiting the course page.
The course has a one-year full-time duration and is available at our Brisbane, Melbourne and North Sydney campuses.
Download TPP Flyer
View Tertiary Preparation Program (Health Sciences)