2020 EAPP Scholarship Information
ACU offers financial support to eligible elite athletes and performers. All members of the EAPP (approved annually via application and receipt of acceptance letter) are eligible to apply for Scholarships and Travel Subsidies.
EAPP Scholarships are a financial assistance grant designed to support you with expenses related to your sporting or performance and academic career.
Half scholarships will be available to students who commence at ACU mid-year and similarly to students who are finishing their degree mid-year.
For 2020, the application period will run from 24 February to 5 April. The application form can be found on OrgSync.
You may be eligible for a grant of up to $5,000 depending on your level of representation. Scholarship values are awarded at the discretion of the Australian Catholic University with the support of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program Advisory Committee.
Tier 1 is awarded $5,000
Tier 2 is awarded $2,000
Tier 3 is awarded $1,000
Scholarships are paid in two (2) equal instalments at the conclusion of each semester (e.g. Tier 3 recipients will receive $500 at each instalment totalling the $1,000 scholarship for the year).
Obligations of Scholarship recipients for 2020:
Scholarship recipients will be required to fulfil the following commitments to receive their financial contribution:
- Maintain a minimum academic standing (GPA 4)
- Remain enrolled at ACU for both Semesters – Scholarships are paid post census date biannually
- Remain enrolled in one semester for half scholarships, payment is made post census date.
- Represent ACU at UniSport Nationals or UniSport International endorsed event as an athlete, coach or mentor unless elite sporting commitment prevents this
- The recipient needs to meet EAPP eligibility requirements
- Attendance at a minimum of one (1) EAPP specific event
- Volunteer at a minimum of one (1) EAPP or ACUSPORT related events (e.g. Open Day, Market day or Orientation) and/or community engagement or ACU appearances.
- Provide a student athlete profile and photo for web and print media
- Commit to a minimum of three (3) social media posts across Instagram or Facebook at sport events or university events tagging in @ACUSPORT including hashtags #ACUSport #ACUElite and #ACUEAPP
- Understand and adhere to the ACU Social Media Policy