What we mean by recognition of prior learning and credit
If you have already studied at university level or have significant relevant work experience, you might be eligible to have your prior learning recognised.
Prior learning may include:
- formal learning undertaken at an accredited education provider that leads towards a formal qualification
- non-formal learning that takes place through a structured program but does not lead to an officially accredited qualification
- informal learning gained through work, social, family, hobby or leisure activities.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is the assessment process for matching an applicant’s skills, knowledge and/or experiences to specific requirements.
These requirements can include:
- admission requirements
- professional requirements
- unit learning/competency outcomes
- course learning/competency outcomes.