To date, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our residential sites in Sydney, Ballarat or Canberra. NSW Health have confirmed no cases of COVID-19 within the industry.
We have implemented numerous protocols for our residents and staff, as per NSW Health and VicHealth advice. This includes:
- no external visitors being permitted on residential sites
- provision of hand sanitiser
- physical distancing
- limiting the number of residents using common areas
- twice weekly disinfecting of residential common areas, in addition to our normal common area cleaning services
- providing letters to residents in multi-share apartments to allow them to travel outside of the residence as a ‘family unit’ to access essential services (housemates are recognised as a family unit according to NSW Health).
Additionally, we have been calling all our residents individually to check on their wellbeing, including any financial hardship. Care packages are also being provided to students in our residences to ensure they continue to have essential items during this difficult time.
We are still holding residential events; however, we are varying our delivery of these in innovative ways so we can support our student residents through this crisis.