The Liturgy Nexus for Schools is a subscription-based closed online network which provides opportunities for conversations and resource-sharing for staff in Catholic schools who are tasked with preparing and celebrating liturgy.
Join the conversation
Good liturgical praxis requires those who prepare it to have a solid knowledge of the rituals and principles contained in the Church’s official liturgical books, as well as the skills to apply those principles well in practice. The Liturgy Nexus for Schools aims to provide a forum where Catholic school personnel can ask important questions and raise issues related to liturgy, in a welcoming space moderated by liturgical experts. Being a part of the conversation among the Liturgy Nexus for Schools will help to increase your confidence and competence in preparing and celebrating liturgy.
Membership is open to:
- Religious Education Co-ordinators
- Assistant Religious Education Co-ordinators
- Assistant Principals Religious Education (APREs)
- Family Faith Educators
- Identity and Mission Co-ordinator
- Leaders of Evangelisation
- Leaders of Catechesis
- Others involved in preparing liturgies in school settings with alternative position descriptors.
The Nexus will enable you to:
- Share resources
- Ask for advice from liturgical experts
- Seek assistance with specific issues from the other Nexus members who will bring a rich range of experience to the conversation
- Connect with others working to prepare liturgical celebrations in school settings
- Improve liturgical knowledge and praxis
- Share insights and learn how to encourage active liturgical participation among staff and students.
All liturgy-related questions are welcome on the Liturgy Nexus for Schools. Some examples of the type of questions suitable for the Nexus include:
- Which Rite do I use for a liturgy of Reconciliation (Penance)?
- How can I assist new teachers in preparing liturgies?
- What readings do I use for a particular liturgy?
- What is an Ordo and how do I use it?
- How do I apply the principles of the Directory for Masses with Children?
- What should I include (and not include) in a printed worship booklet?
Membership is granted to applicants who meet the eligibility criteria (as listed above). The membership fee is $30.00 per year (not pro-rated) and can be renewed on or before March 1 each year. A reminder to renew current membership will be sent to all Liturgy Nexus for Schools members prior to the due date. Members will be provided with an annual directory containing the contact details of other Nexus members (shared with their permission).
Download flyer (PDF, 117KB)
Apply for Membership Now
Apply for membership of the ACU Liturgy Nexus for Schools online or download the ACU Liturgy Nexus for Schools Membership Application Form (PDF) or email it to the ACU Centre for Liturgy office at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
ACU Centre for Liturgy
Locked Bag 2002
Strathfield NSW 2135.
Once your application for membership has been approved you will receive an email containing a link to make payment. Once that has been processed, you will be notified that your membership is active.