This form is to be completed if you have formally changed your name and need to update your current ACU student record. You need to attach appropriate supporting documentation for your application to be processed.

You need to attach appropriate CERTIFIED supporting documentation for your application to be processed.

The deadline to change your name for Spring 2020 graduation is Friday 14 August 2020. If you miss the deadline, you can submit this form after graduation, and order a new testamur with your new name. See Can I get my testamur reissued in my new name?

New Name

Previous Name

You must attach a certified copy of one of the following:

  • Marriage Certificate 
  • Passport 
  • Instrument of Name Change 
  • Divorce Record 
  • Driver's License 
  • Proof of Age / Identity Card 
  • Birth Certificate 
  • Statutory Declaration

Please attach a certified copy of your selected documentation as supporting evidence.

To have a document certified, you should take the original and a copy to an authorised person, such as a Justice of the Peace. They will certify every photocopied page declaring that they have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original.

  • Forms submitted with uncertified pictures or scanned copies of original documents will not be processed.
  • Only PDF, Word and Image file types are allowed

IMPORTANT: If your name change is related to gender, please contact AskACU.


Have a question?


We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat
Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs