Most of you will have a timetable made up of a mixture of large classes such as lectures, attended by everybody in the unit, and smaller classes like tutorials where you can choose from several different classes. You select these class online via Allocate+.
Class selection is on a ‘first in, first served’ basis. The most popular classes will fill up very quickly, so if you want the best chance of getting the classes you want, you’ll need to be prepared.
When Allocate+ open in ‘read-only’ mode, log in and:
- Learn how the system works
- See what classes are available
- Draw up a plan. As classes fill up quickly, plan a second or third choice for each class.
Log on as soon as class selection open for your campus. Opening times are listed below.
Things to consider:
- You must be enrolled in your units before you can select your classes.
- There is a 10-minute gap between classes to give you time to move between rooms.
- You will be automatically allocated to any classes where there is one option (e.g. lectures).
- You don’t need to allocate to fully online units, so you won’t see these units on the Allocate+.
- You only need to select classes for Semesters 1 and 2. All other teaching periods will be allocated for you. You can view the timetable for the other teaching periods under ‘Timetables and Study periods’ below.
- If PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) is offered in your unit, classes will open for allocations after the first lecture.