Most of you will have a timetable made up of a mixture of large classes such as lectures, attended by everybody in the unit, and smaller classes like tutorials where you can choose from several different classes. This process of choosing classes is known as ‘allocating’.
At ACU, allocations are on a ‘first in, first served’ basis. The most popular classes will fill up very quickly, so if you want the best chance of getting the classes you want, you’ll need to be prepared.
When allocations open in ‘read-only’ mode, log in and:
- Learn how the system works
- See what classes are available
- Draw up a plan. In case you cannot get into your preferred class, have a second and third choice in mind.
Log on as soon as allocations open for your campus. Allocation opening times are listed below.
Things to consider:
- You must be enrolled in your units before you can allocate.
- We open classes by Faculty so you may not be able to allocate to all of your classes in a single go. See the opening dates for each Faculty in the table below.
- There is a 10-minute gap between classes to give you time to move between rooms.
- You will be automatically allocated to any classes where there is one option (e.g. lectures).
- You don’t need to allocate to fully online units, so you won’t see these units on the allocation system.
- You only need to allocate for Semesters 1 and 2. All other teaching periods will be allocated for you. You can view the timetable for the other teaching periods under ‘Timetables and Study periods’ below.
- If PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) is offered in your unit, classes will open for allocations after the first lecture.