To lead scientific research that empowers individuals and groups to thrive.
- To conduct world-class, multi-disciplinary research in positive psychology and education that makes a difference in addressing critical educational and psychosocial issues.
- To undertake research to positively influence the lives of individuals, families, communities and organisations, and translate theory and research into effective policy and practice.
- To drive excellence in positive psychology through rigorous research that fosters the common good.
We have a fundamental concern for justice, equity, diversity, and the dignity of all human beings. Our core values include empowerment, ethical research, harmony, cultural security, academic freedom, and respect and responsibility.
- Indigenous Culture, Education, and Well-Being
- Mindfulness, Compassion, and Action
- Physical Activity, Sport, and Health Psychology
- Positive Education
- Positive Organisational and Social Context
- Positive Psychological and Social Development
- Positive SELF and Well-Being
- Substantive-Methodological Synergy
- Attracting external research funding to support our vision
- Building strong research partnerships
- Producing high-quality publications
- Graduating outstanding PhD students
- Maximising the positive impact and visibility of our research
- Research Excellence
- Exemplary Publications
- Outstanding Students