Mr. Arush Honnedevasthana Arun
Senior Technical Officer
Neuroscience of Addiction and Mental Health Program
Areas of expertise:
neuroimaging; Diffusion MRI analysis; signal processing; image processing; data visualisation
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-6096-2445
ACU Melbourne Campus
As the Senior Technical Officer for the Neuroscience of Addiction and Mental Health Program, I drive advanced MRI data analyses from longitudinal datasets and consortia. This includes analysing, interpreting, and visualizing diffusion MRI data from various consortia. In addition, I provide technical and analytical support to Ph.D. and Master students in their respective projects.
I completed my MPhil at the University of Melbourne in 2020. My MPhil focussed on characterising white matter asymmetry in a healthy human brain using Diffusion MRI. I have >6 years of research experience in the field of MRI includes performing data analysis and visualization in diffusion MRI using state-of-the-art diffusion methodologies.
- Arun H. A., A., Connelly, A., Smith, R.E., Calamante, F., 2021. Characterisation of white matter asymmetries in the healthy human brain using diffusion MRI fixel-based analysis. NeuroImage 225, 117505. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2020.117505
- Arun, H.A., Vatsalya, S., Chikop, S.A., Geethanath, S., 2021. Effects of yoga exercises on diabetic mellitus as validated by magnetic resonance imaging. Int. J. Yoga 14, 43. https://doi.org/10.4103/ijoy.IJOY_30_20
- Chikop, S.A., Anchan, A.B.S., Koulagi, G., Arun H.A., Imam, S., Geethanath, S., 2018. Automatic motion correction of Musculoskeletal MRI using DSLR camera. Magn. Reson. Imaging 48, 74–79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mri.2017.12.031
- Naduthota, R.M., Arun H. A,. A.A., Lenka, A., Saini, J., Geethanath, S., Bharath, R.D., Christopher, R., Yadav, R., Gupta, A.K., Pal, P.K., 2017. Association of freezing of gait with nigral iron accumulation in patients with Parkinson’s disease. J. Neurol. Sci. 382, 61–65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2017.09.033
- Characterising neurobiological abnormalities in Cannabis Use Disorders (2019-current)
- Adolescent cannabis use: mapping risk factors and neurodevelopmental trajectories using resting state and white matter connectivity (2019-current)
Accolades and awards
- Melbourne Research Scholarship from University of Melbourne (2017-2020)
- Awarded with E.K Zaivosky stipend by ISMRM committee for 25th Annual ISMRM Conference, Hawaii, USA
- Best poster award for "Correlation of Intra Voxel Incoherent Motion (IVIM) imaging and Dynamic Susceptibility Contrast (DSC) MRI for high and low-grade gliomas" at ISMRM 2017, Hawaii.