Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a compulsory health insurance plan designed to minimise your health care costs when you study in Australia.

It is an Australian government requirement that you purchase OSHC for the duration of your Student visa. If you do not have valid OSHC, your Student visa may be cancelled.

You and your family members must be covered by OSHC from an approved Australian health insurance provider unless an 'Exception' applies. Exceptions are available to a limited number of nationalities. Refer to the Department of Home Affairs website for current details.

Allianz Care

The University has chosen Allianz Care as its preferred OSHC provider because of the level of coverage provided by their OSHC policies.

You can apply for an Allianz Care OSHC policy via the following links:

Standard OSHC Policy (Single)

Essentials OSHC Policy (Single, Dual or Multi Family)

Click here for information about what the Allianz Care OSHC Standard and Essentials policies cover.

What does my OSHC cover?

If you need to go to the doctor or to a hospital while you are in Australia, OSHC will cover 85% of the base rate you are required to pay. If doctors charge more than the base rate, you must pay the additional costs.

It is important to know that OSHC does NOT cover all medical bills. It does not cover pre-existing medical conditions for the first 12 months of your policy, optical, dentistry or majority of injections/inoculations.

Students who choose Allianz Care will have access to a large network of medical providers. Essentials policy holders will also be waived of waiting periods on pre-existing psychiatric or pregnancy conditions.

Your policy will provide details of what services are covered and to what level. Find out more about what is covered by the Allianz Care OSHC Standard and Essentials policies here.

Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC)

If you are studying at ACU on a Visitor visa or if you have graduated from ACU and are now applying for a Post-Study visa, you might need to arrange appropriate health and/or travel insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.

You can apply for an Allianz Care OVHC policy via the following link:

Allianz Care OVHC Policy

Find out more about what the Allianz Care OVHC policies cover here.

If you have any questions, please contact Allianz Care.

Have a

Ask International

Online enquiry

For priority response,
make an online enquiry.

Make an online enquiry

Connect with us

Chat to our team via social media.