The Uni Ready Now program lets you explore your interests, skills, and experiences while planning for your post-school options. Take the chance to explore university courses, TAFE, and employment opportunities that align with your dreams and aspirations. Whatever you are considering after Year 12, Uni Ready Now will make sure that you are ready to take on the world.
About the program
Uni Ready Now gives you the chance to meet new people, make links to careers and courses, get to know the options available to you after school, and connect with current university students.
Uni Ready Now gives you the opportunity to explore different ways to learn and study. You will develop your academic preparedness to take on Year 12 and understand the importance of critical thinking, assessment planning and responding to assessment tasks. The program will make sure that you are prepared academically and socially for life beyond school.
It is delivered online (and on campus where possible) so that you can join your ‘tutorial’ group from wherever you are – from Ballina, Broken Hill, Blacktown, or Bega and beyond. Tutorials will be led by a current university student who will share their knowledge about Year 12, navigating pathways and options, as well as tips and tricks for getting through your final year at school.
- Fortnightly one-hour online tutorials with friendly and highly informed current ACU students and staff.
- Experience of a University Learning Platform to develop skills in academic writing and reading.
- Create your Uni Ready Now Student Portfolio and personalised development plan to equip you for your next steps.
- Opportunities to improve your academic skills and explore the personal and professional skills connected to your area of interest.
- Information about scholarships and support services.
Who should enrol?
- Students who are currently in Year 11 and:
- considering university
- thinking about post-school studies or joining the workforce
- are not quite sure of pathways or options available to them.
- Students who can commit to the program – minimum attendance is required.
Dates and locations
Uni Ready Now kicks off in Term 4, 2021.
Uni Ready Now Kick Start – program introduction for students, parents and guardians – Term 3, Week 9
Uni Ready Now Program commences Term 4, Week 2, 2021 (fortnightly for four tutorials)
Exact dates TBC
Register your interest now
To register your interest please complete this form
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.