About this form
This form is for ACU students with special circumstances that impacted their ability to pass their unit/s on or after the census date of that study period.
All applications are assessed in accordance with the Higher Education Support Act (HESA) 2003.
What is the application timeframe?
Applications must be lodged within 12 months of the date you withdrew from the unit or from the end of the relevant study period (whichever occurs first).
If your application is outside of this timeframe, you must provide evidence as to why you were unable to apply within the timeframe.
What special circumstances does this form assess?
|Special Circumstances Category:
||Examples of relevant authority required to provide evidence:
||What must be detailed:
e.g. where a person’s medical condition has changed to such an extent that they are unable to continue studying
- The student’s circumstances;
- When they occurred and when they made their full impact on the student;
- How they made it impracticable for the student to complete the requirements of the unit
e.g. family death or illness, or carer responsibilities, so that it is unreasonable to expect a person to continue studies
e.g. where a person’s employment status or arrangements have changed so the person is unable to continue their studies, and this change is beyond the person’s control
The eligibility criteria as determined by the HESA are that:
- Your circumstances were beyond your control
- Your circumstances did not make their full impact until on or after the census date of the relevant semester
- Your circumstances made it impracticable to complete the requirements of the unit/s
How to Apply
- If you are considering submitting an RE form, you may wish to contact the Student Advocacy Service for information and advice
- For medical, personal/family or employment related circumstances, a Professional Authority Statement OR equivalent evidence addressing the same criteria must be submitted
- You must submit a separate online application for each study period if you are applying for an RE in multiple study periods
- Ensure you have uploaded all your supporting documentation to your application
Things we may consider when assessing your application
- If you have passed other units in the same study period, your application must detail how you were able to pass those units but not the units you are applying for re-credit and refund of fees
- If your special circumstances are pre-existing or ongoing, your application must clearly demonstrate what actions were undertaken to manage your condition prior to the census date of that study period
Note: A Professional Authority Statement OR equivalent supporting documentation must be attached to this form submission.