If you become sick while you are living in Australia, your Overseas Student Health Cover will help you cover the cost of visiting a doctor. If your OSHC is with Allianz Global Assistance you can find a doctor who accepts Overseas Student Health Cover by going to the following link Find a doctor. If your OSHC cover is not with Allianz Global Assistance, please contact your OSHC provider directly.
For international students studying at our Brisbane and Melbourne campuses, we have an on-campus medical centre, offering comprehensive, high-quality health care services. Follow the links below for more information on services; as well as location and surgery hours; fees and billing arrangements; doctors; and details for making an appointment.
Studying in a new country is an exciting opportunity. However, many students find that being away from friends, family and home can be an extremely emotional time.
If you find that you’re struggling, feeling sad or overwhelmed by your new environment, it’s important to speak up and ask for help. ACU has a range of excellent support services for international students, including:
- International Student Advisers
- Counsellors, who can provide private help and support for family, emotional, physical and psychological problems
- Campus Ministers, who can provide religious and spiritual support
- Disability Advisers, who can provide support to students who have a disability, chronic medical or mental health condition
- Career Advisers, who can help in areas such as career development, resumes and interview skills
- Campus Life Officers who aim to ensure you have a fulfilling social experience at university
- Academic Skills Advisers, who can help you adjust to the demands of studying in a new country
- On-campus Brisbane and Melbourne medical centres, who can assist via their doctors and psychologists.
You can find out more about these services, and meet representatives from your ACU International Office and Office of Student Success during your Orientation program.
Page last updated: 2017-12-13
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/564484