Why study English for the Workplace?
- Learn effective workplace communication skills such as:
- participating in meetings
- phone manner
- email writing
- customer communication
- Internship* option provides you with real-life practice in the workplace
- Strong focus on pronunciation will help you develop the ability to speak clearly
- Interview practice and feedback will allow you to develop stronger interview skills
- Our teachers will help you prepare an effective résumé in English
- Opportunity to attend free careers workshops
About this course
English for the workplace prepares you for employment in an English-speaking environment. All aspects of job search, resume writing and interview skills will be covered. You will also be challenged to develop your skills in writing emails, answering the phone, communicating with customers, participating in meetings, giving and responding to instructions and confidently holding everyday conversations.
Your general level of English language proficiency will be developed as all macro skill areas, listening, speaking, reading, and writing are covered in the course. Additional emphasis is placed on speaking and listening with a particular focus on pronunciation, as intelligibility is a key factor for the internship component of the course.
You can learn more about our English for the Workplace courses, including how to register your interest or apply, by viewing them in our course browser.
These courses range in duration from 5 to 10 weeks and are delivered at our Brisbane Campus.
View 5-week course
View 10-week course
*Only available to students on an appropriate visa.