General English - 5 weeks
Course information for - 2023 entry
Offered at 3 locations
- CRICOS Code
- Start dates
- 29-Aug-2022, 10-Oct-2022, 14-Nov-2022, 9-Jan-2023, 20-Feb-2023, 27-Mar-2023, 8-May-2023, 12-Jun-2023, 24-Jul-2023, 28-Aug-2023, 9-Oct-2023, 13-Nov-2023
This course aims to enable students to develop fluency, accuracy and confidence in listening, speaking, reading and writing in English in everyday situations. It is designed for students who require English for general communication in their jobs or social life, or who need to improve their English language skills before moving on to academic English. Students in General English will develop:
- Confidence in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- English through tasks relevant to their interests;
- Accuracy in speaking and writing through extending their knowledge of English grammar and pronunciation;
- An understanding of Australian society and culture through activities in the classroom and off campus, such as excursions to places of interest.
Important Note on Fee
The Tuition fees quoted above are for commencing students in the current year who undertake a normal full-time load. The Unit Fee is based on a 10cp unit. Fees are reviewed annually.
Tuition fees for continuing students may increase by up to 3 percent each year for the minimum duration of the course as provided on your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). Students who continue to study beyond the minimum duration will have the relevant annual commencing rate applied to their fees for subsequent study periods.
How to apply