Read the latest facts and figures about ACU, the university that treats you as more than just a number.
Measuring our impact
At ACU, we give our students, staff and researchers the tools to build a better world. And the world is starting to take notice.
See for yourself how we’re making strides in key areas such as global rankings, research excellence, graduate outcomes and student satisfaction.
A quick look at the numbers that tell the ACU story:
- more than 33,000 students
- more than 125,000 alumni
- more than 4,300 international students enrolled from more than 90 countries
- more than 200 international partners
- more than 1,000 ACU students have studied at our Rome Campus
- first in Australia for graduate employment
- first in Australia for energy efficiency, and all Australian campuses are 100 per cent powered by renewable energy.
We’re proud to be positioned among the top universities in the world.
- We are ranked in the top 2 per cent of all universities worldwide.1
- We are ranked 39 among young universities in the world.2
- We are one of the top 10 Catholic universities globally.3
Our institutes, centres and faculties boast internationally renowned scholars and produce world-leading research.
Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluates the quality of research produced in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks.
In the latest ERA assessment, ACU ranked first or equal first for ten fields of research in Australia:
- cardiorespiratory medicine and haematology
- clinical sciences
- cognitive sciences
- human movement and sports science
- nutrition and dietetics
- public health and health services
- religion and religious studies
- specialist studies in education.4
We are recognised globally as a leader in a range of subject specialisations.
- We are ranked ninth in sport science in Australia and 36th globally.5
- We are ranked 18th in the world for nursing, and seventh in Australia. 6
- We are one of the top 50 universities in the world for education, and third in Australia.6
- We are one of the top 150 universities in the world for psychology.6
- We are one of the top 200 universities in the world for law.6
- We are ranked first in Australia and 26th globally for theology, divinity and religious studies.12
- We are ranked 201 – 250 in the world for arts and humanities.13
ACU provides a student experience like no other. But don’t take our word for it – ask our students.
- We’ve been awarded five stars for learner engagement.8
- We've been awarded five stars for skills development.8
- We've been awarded five stars learning resources.8
With a range of industry partnerships and work-integrated learning options, we’re a proud leader in graduate employability.
- We’re first in Australia for graduate employment.7
- We’ve been awarded five stars for full-time postgraduate employment.8
- We're second in Australia for graduate employer satisfaction.10
Our staff, students and graduates are committed to making a positive impact on the local and international community.
- We rank second globally for good health and wellbeing (SDG 3).9
- We rank 35 globally for decent work and economic growth (SDG 8).9
1 Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022. Percentage calculated as ACU's world rank as a proportion of the total number of universities in the world: International Handbook of Universities 2019, Palgrave MacMillan
2 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022
3 Based on International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU) members ranked on Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
4 Four-digit FoRs, Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018
5 Shanghai Ranking, Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools of Departments 2021
6 Shanghai Ranking, Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021
7 Graduate Outcomes Survey – Longitudinal 2021, medium-term outcomes, full-time employment for domestic undergraduate students
8 Good Universities Guide 2022
9 Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2022, based on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
10 Employer Satisfaction Survey, 2018 – 2020 aggregated
11 2020 US News Best Global Universities
12 QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
13 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2022