As a young institution focused on embedding excellence, we’ve achieved great things. And we’ve done it with a bigger purpose in mind, helping our students and communities flourish.
Read the latest facts and figures about ACU, the university that treats you as more than just a number.
Measuring our impact
At ACU, we give our students, staff and researchers the tools to build a better world. And the world is starting to take notice.
See for yourself how we’re making strides in key areas such as global rankings, research, graduate outcomes and student satisfaction.
ACU at a glance
Take a look at the numbers that tell the ACU story:
- 35,231 students (2017)
- 92,000 alumni (2016)
- 4189 international students enrolled from 107 countries (2017)
- more than 200 university partnerships
- 900 ACU students have studied at our Rome Campus
- more than 25% ACU undergraduate students study abroad (2017)
- 92% of ACU domestic graduates employed (2016, domestic undergraduate students)
We’re proud to be positioned among the top universities in the world.
- We are ranked in the top 3% of all universities worldwide.1
- We are ranked in the top 80 in the Asia-Pacific region.2
- We are ranked 401–500 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.1
- We are recognised as one of the world’s top young universities, ranked 101–150 globally.3
- We are included in the top 50 of Generation Y universities.3
- We are one of the top 10 Catholic universities globally.4
Our institutes, centres and faculties boast internationally renowned scholars and produce world-leading research.
Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluates the quality of research produced in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks.
In the latest ERA assessment, ACU ranked first or equal first for ten fields of research in Australia:
- cardiorespiratory medicine and haematology
- clinical sciences
- cognitive sciences
- human movement and sports science
- nutrition and dietetics
- public health and health services
- religion and religious studies
- specialist studies in education. 5
We are recognised globally as a leader in a range of subject specialisations.
- We are ranked seventh in sport science in Australia and 26th globally.6
- We are ranked 41st in the world for nursing.7
- We are one of the top 75 universities for education worldwide.7
ACU provides a student experience like no other. But don’t take our word for it – ask our students.
- 83% domestic undergraduate student satisfaction for course quality.8
- 89% international student satisfaction for program content.9
- Our undergraduate students rank us among the top 10 Australian universities for overall satisfaction.10
- We’ve been awarded five stars for overall experience, learner engagement and skills development.12
With a range of industry partnerships and work integrated learning options, we’re a proud leader in graduate employability.
- We’re one of the top three universities in Australia for graduate employment.11
- We’ve been awarded five stars for full-time employment.12
- 91% of ACU graduates are employed overall, with 79% in full-time employment (2017, domestic undergraduate students).11
Making a difference
Our staff, students and graduates are committed to making a positive impact on the local and international community.
- We rank 101–200 in the world for our positive impact on society13
- We rank 25 globally for good health and wellbeing (SDG 3)13
- We rank 40 globally for quality education (SDG 4)13
- We rank equal 55 globally for gender equality (SDG 5)13
- We rank equal 58 globally for decent work and economic growth (SDG 8)13
1 Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018/2019. Percentage calculated as ACU's world rank as a proportion of the total number of universities in the world: International Handbook of Universities 2018, Palgrave MacMillan
2 Times Higher Education Asia-Pacific University Rankings 2019
3 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018, where “young universities” are defined to be less than 50 years old and “Generation Y universities” are universities established between 1986 and 1999
4 Based on International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU) members ranked on Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018/2019
5 Four-digit FoRs, Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018
6 Academic Ranking of World Universities, Special Focus Institution Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2018
7 Academic Ranking of World Universities Subject Rankings 2018
8 Graduate Outcomes Survey 2016, the percentage of agreement of domestic undergraduates who are satisfied with the overall quality of their course of study. It is based on an individual question of the survey
9 Good Universities Guide 2018, International Student Barometer 2016
10 2017 SES National Report, Figure 3: Quality of entire educational experience for undergraduate university students, 2016 and 2017 (% positive rating)
11 Graduate Outcomes Survey, overall employment rate, domestic undergraduate cohort, 2017
12 Good Universities Guide 2019
13 Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2019, based on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)