Participants needed for Type 2 Diabetes study
25 May 2018Share
People with type 2 diabetes are often advised to avoid high glycaemic index (GI) foods such as potatoes.
However, wide variability in GI testing results and limitations of using the GI of single foods, complicates the applicability of such recommendations.
There is currently limited data on how potatoes may impact the glycaemic response when consumed as part of a balanced meal in a real-world setting.
We are seeking individuals with type 2 diabetes to compare the blood glucose response of provided meals containing potatoes or rice.
Benefits of participation include:
- Individual metabolic health profile provided
- Diet and activity advice provided by a dietitian
- Body composition analysis
- Learn about your blood glycaemic response
- Participants are reimbursed
To be eligible for this study, you must be:
- Male or female (if female post-menopausal)
- Age 35–75 years
- Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
- Comfortable with blood collection
- Not exercising frequently