We’ll bust some myths and gain insight into a powerful tool which helps you identify what is important to your potential customers. Bring your laptop to gain the most of this session as we’ll be researching some markets during the workshop.
- Know the two key aspects of a market: measuring its size and how customers are reached.
- Preliminary market sizing for the market for your idea.
- Understand the product life cycle and what changes as you attempt to leap the ‘chasm’.
- Discover a how to find your unique value proposition using the value gap analysis -based on blue ocean thinking.
- An understanding of how to discover ‘market empathy’.
Brian Dorricott, Presenter
Brian Dorricott has taken 50 teams through ON, Australia’s national science and technology accelerator run by the CSIRO. He has first-hand experience as an engineer, serial founder and entrepreneur. Brian has founded two companies: Gordano in 1994 (exit to MBO, 217 times return on investment), which provided messaging software that was used by 13,200 companies including the US Army, IBM and Telstra, and an internet security company (sold to Cisco, 50 times return on investment).
Subsequently, Brian ran an angel network reviewing 235 companies, presenting 23 to business angels, resulting in $11 million in investments for 11 companies, including $2 million from local angels. He left his role as the Entrepreneur in Residence at SETSquared (the world’s leading university incubator) to facilitate and lead individuals and teams through the process of maximising their innovation impact, both for themselves and Australia.