What to Expect
This workshop will cover funding options available to businesses and how to stage them over time
This includes FFF (friends, fools and family), pre-sales, grants, loans, convertible notes, crowdfunding (pre-sales and equity), equity (accelerator, angel networks, venture capital, SAFE, ESIC and IRR), and IPO[CS1]. We will look at the advantages, disadvantages and challenges of each option and the preferred path.
You will be introduced to presentation types, including one-on-one, one-to-many and web-to-many, and the implications for each. We will also examine three- and five-minute pitches, how to prove credibility to investors and using authenticity, energy and emotion. You will brainstorm places to test and practice your pitch.
By the workshop’s conclusion, you will:
- understand the primary funding options available as a business grows
- be able to identify which funding option is applicable for growth phases
- know the key elements of a funding pitch
- be able to collect the content and evidence required for each pitch element
- know where to practice your pitch with emotion and energy.
Wednesday 16th October
4pm till 6pm
North Sydney Campus