It is a good idea to book short-term accommodation when you arrive in in Australia. This will give you time to look for long-term accommodation without having to rush.
Homestay offers international students the opportunity to live in a local home while studying in Australia. By living with an Australian family, you will improve your English and get a better understanding of Australian life.
All ACU Homestay placements are arranged by the Australian Homestay Network (AHN). Homestay placements cost approximately AU$35-$40 per night and must be booked for a minimum of two weeks. Homestay fees include:
- accommodation (including utilities)
- meals (breakfast & dinner)
- access to laundry facilities
- ongoing Homestay host and student support
- AHN 24/7 professional phone support
- AHN Insurance policy.
If you are a Homestay host or are interested in hosting an ACU student, visit the Homestay online portal.
Hostels can be a good option for short-term accommodation as they are usually cheaper than a hotel, and centrally located. Below is a list of that ACU students have used in the past.
For more information on accommodation, please visit our Accommodation Questions page.
* Please note that the information below has been provided for the convenience of students/visitors and any reference to a specific company or services does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring by ACU.
Page last updated: 2017-08-25
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/564428