This form will open at the release of the Semester 1, 2023 examination timetable -17 April 2023.
If your exam is less than 24 hours away, you cannot apply for special adjustments
Please ensure you read and understand the information below prior to completing and submitting the Application for Special Adjustment/s – Central Examinations (SA) form.
If you are unable to attend your exam due to placement or already have an existing EIP in place, you need to apply for a deferred examination via the ‘Deferred Exam Applications Portal’
This form is for an unexpected (recent) occurrence, which has caused a temporary medical condition. Please read the information below carefully before applying.
When NOT to use this form
- Do not use this form if any of the following applies;
- it is less than 24 hours until your exam
- you cannot attend exams on the days and times they are currently scheduled (due to illness or other commitments)
- you do not have medical documentation to verify your need for special adjustments.
(In any of the above cases, you are not eligible for a Special Adjustment – but you may be eligible for a Deferred Examination.)
- if the application is relevant to a School-based assessment item
- you have a long term health condition or disability, adjustments for which can be provided for in an Education Inclusion Plan developed by Disability Services, and it is before week 12 (in this case, you must arrange to meet with a Disability Advisor before the Wednesday of week 12.)
When to use this form
If you require special adjustment/s for end of semester, central examination/s due to an unexpected (recent) occurrence, which has caused a temporary medical condition, for example, a broken bone resulting from an accident or your Education Inclusion Plan (EIP) is finalised or updated after mid-Week 12. If your application is successful your personal timetable will be updated overnight and you will receive a confirmation email from the central examinations team.
How to use this form
- complete all Sections A, B and C of this form
- attach an original medical certificate