Whether you are a domestic or international student, you can apply to transfer to a different course and/or campus.
Before you apply for a transfer
- Find out how many ACU units you need to have completed, or be about to complete, to be considered for a transfer. For most courses, you’ll need to have successfully completed at least 2 units but for some courses you’ll need to successfully complete the equivalent of one year full-time study in your current course. These courses are listed in Schedule 1 of the Admissions to Coursework Programs Procedures.
- Read the Course Enrolment Guide for the course you’re thinking of changing to, to see what subject areas you’d be studying.
- Talk to your current course coordinator about your options in your current course and/or contact the course coordinator of the course you’re interested in to ask about how much of your previous studies can be credited to the new course
Consider all of your options carefully because it may be difficult to return to your original course
How to apply for a transfer
To request a transfer, you must submit an application via the My Enrolment tab in Student Connect. Check the application dates to make sure you get your transfer in on time.
To avoid a late re-enrolment fee, make sure you still enrol in your current course and campus by the re-enrolment date. This will also ensure that you remain in your original course and campus if your request is unsuccessful.
Don't apply for a transfer if you want to take a break from study. You can't defer beginning your new course if you transfer to another course. You'll need to apply for an interruption to studies and then apply to transfer when you're ready to study again.
If you are enrolled in a double degree and wish to transfer to a single component (for example, if you want to transfer from the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce to Bachelor of Arts) you should submit a transfer application.
If you need to cancel your transfer request, you can do so through Student Connect. You'll need to email Admissions if you want to cancel after your request has been processed.
Transfer - eligibility and selection
There are differences in the eligibility and selection process for transfers depending on whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
You can check the entry requirements of your preferred course before applying to transfer.
For undergraduate courses:
- You must have completed at least two units (20 credit points)
- You must achieve a selection rank equivalent to that of the selection rank required for the previous year.
- An entry score will be calculated on the number of units completed and your current grade point average (GPA).
- Some highly competitive courses require that you have a high GPA for at least one year of full-time study (ie 80 credit points) to achieve the required selection rank.
- Your selection rank from high school or other previous studies will also be considered
- Some courses also require the completion of pre-requisites.
For postgraduate courses:
- You can only transfer to other postgraduate courses with a common discipline (eg transfer between a Postgraduate Certificate in Education and the Master of Education).
- A change of course to another discipline requires a new application for admission (eg Master of Education to Master of Religious Education).
- Your application to transfer will be considered against the entry requirements of your requested course.
Processing and notification
All notifications are sent via your ACU student email. It is important that you check this regularly if you have applied for a transfer. You will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.
Read Rule 19 in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and Rule 4 in the Admission to Coursework Programs Procedure for important information about transfer eligibility and processes, and specific requirements for transfer to highly competitive courses.