Whether you are a domestic or international student, you can apply to transfer to a different course and/or campus.

Before you apply for a transfer

  • Read the Course Enrolment Guide for the course you’re thinking of changing to, to see what subject areas you’d be studying, and to see if you meet any subject pre-requisites.
  • Talk to your current course coordinator about your options in your current course and/or contact the course coordinator of the course you’re interested in to ask about how much of your previous studies can be credited to the new course

Consider all of your options carefully because it may be difficult to return to your original course

How to apply for a transfer

To request a transfer, you must submit an application via the My Enrolment tab in Student Connect. Check the application dates to make sure you get your transfer in on time. Late applications will not be accepted and students will be referred to apply through their relevant state TAC.

Transfer requests for Semester 2 2024 will open on 3 April and close on 31 May 2024.

To avoid a late re-enrolment fee, make sure you still enrol in your current course and campus by the re-enrolment date. This will also ensure that you remain in your original course and campus if your request is unsuccessful.

Don't apply for a transfer if you want to take a break from study. You can't defer beginning your new course if you transfer to another course. You'll need to apply for an interruption to studies and then apply to transfer when you're ready to study again.

If you are enrolled in a double degree and wish to transfer to a single component (for example, if you want to transfer from the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce to Bachelor of Arts) you should submit a transfer application.

If you need to cancel your transfer request, you can do so through Student Connect. You'll need to email Admissions if you want to cancel after your request has been processed.

Transfer - eligibility and selection

There are differences in the eligibility and selection process for transfers depending on whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student.

You can check the entry requirements of your preferred course before applying to transfer.

For undergraduate courses:

  • You must have completed at least two units (20 credit points)
  • You must achieve a selection rank equivalent to that of the selection rank required for the previous year
    • Your selection rank from high school or other previous studies will be considered
    • For most courses, a GPA of 4.0+ is sufficient to meet the selection rank
    • If you don't meet the selection rank, you can apply for admission via your state TAC.  The TAC will calculate an entry score from your grade point average (GPA) after the release of results for your current enrolment
  • Some courses also require the completion of pre-requisites
  • Some highly competitive courses have limited places available for transfer. If you are unsuccessful in gaining a transfer place, you can apply for admission via your state TAC. These courses include:
    • Bachelor of Nursing; Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Business Administration; Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
    • Bachelor of Paramedicine
    • Bachelor of Midwifery
    • Bachelor of Physiotherapy
    • Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
    • Bachelor of Speech Pathology
  • Your previous studies are not automatically credited to your new course and you will need to apply for credit once your transfer has been approved.

For postgraduate courses:

  • You can only transfer to other postgraduate courses with a common discipline (eg transfer between a Postgraduate Certificate in Education and the Master of Education).
  • A change of course to another discipline requires a new application for admission (eg Master of Education to Master of Religious Education).
  • Your application to transfer will be considered against the entry requirements of your requested course.
  • Your previous studies are not automatically credited to your new course and you will need to apply for credit once your transfer has been approved.

Processing and notification

All notifications are sent via your ACU student email. It is important that you check this regularly if you have applied for a transfer. You will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.

Read Section 19 in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and Section 4 in the Admission to Coursework Programs Procedure for important information about transfer eligibility and processes.

Have a question?

We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat

Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs