4 years full-time or equivalent part-time.
- North Sydney
Ballarat (not offered 2023)
Blacktown (not offered 2023)
Canberra (not offered 2023)
North Sydney (not offered 2023)
EFTSL value of units : All 10 cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125. Units with a cp value of a multiple of 10 have corresponding EFTSL values.
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy that includes meeting a minimum ATAR requirement.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must meet any additional prerequisite requirements imposed by state jurisdictions.
International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed at year 12 level, or equivalent:
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Prerequisites: English (Units 3 & 4, C)
Assumed Knowledge: General Mathematics
Prerequisites: English: Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English
Recommended Studies: Mathematics: Two units of Mathematics (any)
Disclaimer: The course entry requirements above are for 2023 Admission. Refer to your relevant Tertiary Admission Centre website for future years' entry requirements.
To qualify for the degree, a student must complete 320 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of:
- 70 cp from Education Studies (Part A)
- 60 cp from Effective Teaching Units (Part B)
- 170 cp from Early Childhood Units (Part C)
- 20 cp from Core Curriculum Units (Part D)
- Students must pass all professional experience components, including professional experience embedded within units.
- Requirements for working with children: All students enrolled must have the appropriate approvals before they may enter a classroom. These are: Blue Card (Qld) or Working with Children Check (ACT, NSW and Vic), or equivalent requirements in other states and territories. International students must bring police check documentation from their own countries. To meet the requirements for working in settings other than schools, a National Police check may be required. All students who have lived in another country for 12 months or more must provide a police check from that country for that period.
A student who has successfully completed the following requirements may exit from the course with that qualification:
- Non-Award Certificate in Educational Studies
- Diploma in Educational Studies (Tertiary Preparation)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies
Students are required to follow the pattern of unit enrolment set out in the relevant Course Enrolment Guide, unless otherwise approved by the Course Coordinator. In all aspects of progression through this course, students will be advised by the Course Coordinator.Footnote
- None of these qualifications qualify a student to teach in Australia.
- For Indigenous students undertaking the course, the unit codes will begin with A in place of the first letter of the unit codes listed in the Schedule of Unit Offerings. Unit codes beginning with A are available only to Indigenous students.