The Governance Directorate undertakes statutory elections for ACU’s Senate and Academic Board as well as for the University’s student representative bodies.
The process for conducting elections includes calling for nominations, conducting the necessary electronic ballots and ensuring all votes are counted and results published. Elections are conducted in accordance with Statute 8 (Elections) and Statute 9 (Campus Student Associations and Other Organisations).
Senate Statutory Elections are held for both staff and student positions in accordance with Clause 13.2 of the ACU Constitution. The current staff and student Senate members, and their current terms, can be found on the Senate web page.
Academic Statutory Elections are held for staff and student positions in accordance with Section 2.5.1 of Statute 2 Governing Bodies - Academic Board. The current members of the Academic Board can be found on the Academic Board membership web page.
Student Association Elections are held for officer positions in the ACU National Student Association (ACUNSA), the ACU Postgraduate Association (ACUPGA) and the Campus Student Associations in accordance with Statute 9 Campus Student Associations and Other Organisations and the Constitutions of each Campus Student Association.
Further information about student representation roles is available from the Student Portal.
An election for the appointment of one member of the academic staff and one member of the professional staff of the university to the ACU Senate will commence on Wednesday 15 February 2023 with a call for nominations and will close with cessation of voting at 4:00pm AEDT on Wednesday 22 March 2023. This election will be conducted as required by clauses 13.2(h) and (i) of the ACU Constitution and under the provisions of Statute 8.1 Elections to the Senate. Further information regarding the positions available and the nomination and voting process is accessible via the Notice of Election and Notice of Ballot below.
Notice of election and call for nominations
|Wednesday 15 February 2023
4pm AEDT, Wednesday 1 March 2023
|Voting commences||10am AEDT, Wednesday 8 March 2023|
|Voting closes||4pm AEDT, Wednesday 22 March 2023|
|Results declared||Friday 24 March 2023|
The formal Notice of Election and Notice of Ballot are available below.
- Notice of Election – Staff Members of Senate 2023 (PDF, 184KB)
- Close of Nominations and Notice of Ballot – Staff to Senate 2023 (PDF, 125KB)
Previous election results:
- Notification of Election Results – Student Association Leadership 2023 (PDF, 41KB)
- Notification of Election Results – Student Members of Senate and Academic Board 2022 (PDF, 22KB)
- Notification of Election Results – Academic Staff Members of Academic Board 2022-2023 (PDF, 62KB)
- Notification of Election Results – Academic Staff Members of Senate 2022-2025 (PDF, 125KB)
- Notification of Election Results – Student Members of Senate and Academic Board 2023 (PDF, 101KB)