Share your knowledge with others by applying to become a paid study assistant. Study assistants will need to:
- have the ability to form supportive, professional mentoring relationships with their students
- be able to motivate and inspire their students in gaining academic skills and achieving success
- show an ability to be culturally sensitive and supportive of students’ learning needs.
Your knowledge and ability to tutor others as a study assistant will be demonstrated by qualifications in higher education or through industry or professional experience.
Current university students can apply to become a study assistant provided they:
- have a credit or higher results for subjects required for tutoring
- are able to demonstrate good academic performance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Study assistants are paid an hourly rate and may be assigned one or more students depending on the study assistant’s availability, the area of study, and the demand of students accessing the program.
To apply to become a study assistant, please complete our online Study Assistant Registration Form.