Uni Step-Up is your chance to experience university life by studying two first-year units while you are still in senior secondary school. Develop connections with current university students and staff and get a head start on what it takes to study at a tertiary level. The program is delivered face-to face and online modes at Australian Catholic University (ACU). The program is funded through the Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program (HEPPP) Uni Step Up is delivered at no cost to eligible students.
About the program
Uni Step-Up gives you the chance to meet new people, make links to careers and courses, get to know the options available to you after school, and connect with current university students.
- Receive credit for a university degree: get credit for related undergraduate courses at ACU.
- There is no charge: complete two university units HECS free.
- Get a head start for university: test out a subject area and develop your skills in academic writing and referencing.
- Small group size: cohort size is limited to ensure you have regular access to guided mentoring from current university students and staff.
- Pathway to further study: participants who successfully complete two Uni Step-Up units may be eligible to receive an unconditional direct entry offer to a mapped ACU course
What subjects are on offer?
- Health Science: When you pursue a career in nursing, midwifery, and paramedicine, you'll treat, comfort and help people at their most vulnerable, support individuals and their carers and build healthier communities.
- Exercise Science: Study behavioural and health science to create a world of wellness. Exercise science courses will equip you for a future developing healthy minds, bodies and even healthy policies. You’ll be able to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and communities.
- Business: Become a business leader who is an independent thinker, global in outlook and practical and ethical in the application of skills.
Who should enrol?
Uni Step-Up is available to students through ACU’s Widening Participation initiatives. To participate in Uni Step-Up you must be currently studying Year 11 and meet one of the following criteria:
- attend an ACU Widening Participation partner school
- live in a regional or remote area
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Dates and locations
Uni Step-Up is delivered face-to-face during the September and January school holidays at ACU campuses in Melbourne, Ballarat, Sydney, and Brisbane. Students in regional and remote areas can also undertake the program online during the school term.