Study at ACU while attending another university, or, if you are a current ACU student, learn about studying a unit at another Australian institution. 

I’m from another university

If you’re a student at another university, you’re welcome to study individual units at ACU.

What you need to know

You can apply to study one or more ACU units as a cross-institutional student for credit towards an award at your ‘home’ institution.

You must satisfy any unit prerequisites, and your enrolment will be subject to all the provisions of our Academic Regulations.

Once you’re enrolled on a cross-institutional basis, you’ll be formally assessed in your enrolled units just as if you were studying at your home institution.

How to apply

To apply for cross-institutional study at ACU, follow these steps:

1. Gain approval

You’ll first need to speak to someone at your home university for approval, such as your Course Coordinator or Student Centre.

2. Fill out the XH form

Once you have approval, you’ll need to fill out our ACU Cross-Institutional Home Institution Approval (XH) form. This form will need to be uploaded alongside your online application.

Download the XH Cross-Institutional Home Institution Approval (XH) Form (PDF, 164 KB)

3. Apply online

Next, you’ll need to apply for cross-institutional study via Student Connect, our ACU online application system.

To access Student Connect, choose the cross-institutional study course page from the list below that corresponds to your study level and faculty, eg Education and Arts (Undergraduate).

On this course page, you will find:

  • ACU Campus availability
  • Study modes
  • Credit Points
  • Links to Student Connect (listed by campus under ‘Applying for admission – Direct Applications’).

From there, you can apply online to your chosen ACU Campus.

Reminder: You will need to upload your completed XH form with your online application.

Apply for undergraduate cross-institutional study
Apply for postgraduate cross-institutional study

I’m a current ACU student

If you’re an enrolled ACU student, you can complete units of study at another university and have those units credited towards your ACU degree.

How to apply

You’ll need to fill out an online Application for Cross-Institutional Study and submit it to your Course Coordinator.

Please note: You’ll also need to check cross-institutional study enrolment processes at your destination university.

Application for Cross-Institutional Enrolment

Need help? We’re here to assist

You can reach out to us at AskACU or student support if you have any questions about the ACU cross-institutional study application processes.

Email AskACU

Search our FAQ knowledge database

Call us on 1300 275 228.


Have a question?

We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat

Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs