About this grant
Valued at $500, the ACU Student Veteran Commencing Student Technology & Book Grant recognises the financial challenges faced by new students commencing study and aims to reduce the financial burden of purchasing textbooks/technology.
- The grant is valued at $500, in the form of a ‘School Locker’ Voucher that can be used to purchase textbooks and/or technology available at their stores.
- Multiple grants are available each semester and will be awarded respective to faculties and proportionate to enrolments.
This grant is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the grant application closing date:
- Citizenship: All Student Veterans registered with the Student Veteran Support Program (SVSP) at ACU within their first year of study
- Faculty: Any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Any
- Study load: Full-time
- You must be enrolled in at least 30 credit points, but not have completed more than 80 credit points at ACU in an undergraduate/post-graduate degree (excluding Non-Award undergraduate units).
- Applications must be made online through the Student Veteran Services Scholarships and Grants Application page
- A short paragraph (up to 500 words) can be completed addressing how/why the grant will support you in your transition to higher education (rationale).
Applications will be assessed based on eligibility criteria.
Consideration of the supporting address/rationale will be taken into account.
- The recipients will be selected by the Student Veteran Services Grant/Scholarships Team. A fixed number of grants are available, and these will be awarded across faculties according to enrolment.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following the grant application closing date.