So that you are best prepared to attend your ceremony, familiarise yourself with information about arrival time, check-in, academic dress, ceremony proceedings as well as photography and framing services available to you on the day.
Arrival and check-in
- Plan to arrive at the venue at least 2.5 hours before the start of your ceremony.
- Follow the signs to the check-in desk to register your arrival.
- Collect your academic dress. You will be directed to the gowning room from the check-in desk.
- Take your seat in the hall at least 1 hour before the graduation ceremony starts for the graduand briefing.
- Your guests can enter the hall 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Guest tickets are emailed to you upon completion of registration. All tickets must be printed in advance, and given to your guests so that they can gain entry to your ceremony.
- Guest seating is not allocated. Guests with special needs who may require more time to enter the hall should identify themselves to venue staff so that arrangements can be made.
Please note: The check-in desk closes 90 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony. If you arrive once the check-in desk is closed, you will not be admitted into the ceremony.
- The duration of the graduation ceremony will be approximately 90 minutes, however the length can vary depending on the number of graduands attending. Graduates are expected to remain in the hall for the duration of the ceremony as a courtesy to other graduates and guests.
- Please note: Children are welcome to attend graduation, however for small children it could be considered a little long and formal. If children are coming to a ceremony, parents/carers are encouraged to bring along quiet activities to keep them entertained. If children become unsettled, disruptive or noisy parents/carers may be politely asked to leave the ceremony with the child until they are settled
- Children above the age of two are required to have a guest ticket and be seated in their own chair.
After the ceremony
- Light refreshments will be served after the graduation ceremony for graduates and their guests.
GFP Graduations is the official University photographer and will be available before and after each ceremony to provide graduates with a range of individual and family portraits. Images will be available to view online instantly.
Pre-book your photography sitting to save time at the ceremony.
Degree presentation photographs
All graduates will be photographed crossing the stage and receiving their degree. Photographs will be available for you to view and purchase directly after the ceremony. Soft copies are also available on USB.
Walk away with your degree in a stylish frame. Your certificate will be professionally finished and ready to hang in your office or study. Visit the GFP stand at your ceremony to select the style that suits you.
View the full range of frames available on the GFP website.
Commemorate this auspicious occasion by having your degree certificate replicated on a plaque. Plaques can be gold or silver and are mounted on a variety of bases.
View the full range of plaques available on the GFP website.
For any enquiries please contact GFP Graduations 1300 360 445.