11.1 The Academic Integrity Team must maintain a record of all allegations and investigations of academic misconduct.
11.2 The Academic Integrity Team must keep a register of all findings of academic misconduct and the penalties imposed under this Policy.
11.3 The receipt of educational advice for poor academic practice will be recorded on the student file.
11.4 Where any breach that constitutes academic misconduct has been proved the misconduct record will be recorded on the student’s file.
11.5 Access to the University’s academic misconduct register and/or individual student misconduct records in relation to academic misconduct is limited to:
- the Office of the Academic Registrar;
- the Academic Integrity Team; and
- the Enrolments section of Student Administration.
11.6 The Academic Integrity Team will provide a summary and analysis of academic misconduct allegations and findings, including the identification of any underlying patterns that may warrant specific intervention or changes to learning and teaching;
- bi-annually to Faculty Boards; and
- annually to be tabled at Student Administration Lifecycle and Policy Committee (SALPC) and University Teaching and Learning Committee (ULTC) for noting at Academic Board each year.
11.7 Where, during an investigation of academic misconduct, the Academic Integrity Team becomes aware of a contract cheating service, the advertisement of a service or specific information about a third party who supplied work to an ACU student, the Academic Integrity Team will lodge a 'Reporting a suspected academic cheating service form' with TEQSA.
11.8 Where it has been determined that multiple students have engaged in linked contract cheating, the Academic Integrity Team will inform:
- the Provost and the Chair, Academic Board; and
- the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President, who in turn may decide to lodge a material change notification with TEQSA.