1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
EFTSL value of units : All 10cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125. Units with a credit point (cp) value of a multiple of 10 have corresponding EFTSL values.
An applicant must comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (for sub-bachelor entry programs, see Schedule 1: Eligibility ranks).
Domestic applicants are required to have completed the Australian Year 12 certificate or equivalent. In addition, to be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have also completed:
- Equivalent of year 12 level with the ACU minimum eligibility rank for Diploma programs; OR
- Entry via an alternative pathway as approved by ACU.
International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in Schedule Three (Associate Degree, Diploma and Certificate courses) of the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
This states the requirements as:
Overall score: 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
50 with a minimum of 42 in all four communicative skills
Internet based total of 60:
minimum 18 in writing, 8 in reading, 16 in speaking and 7 in listening
ACU English Language Test
Overall CAE: 169
Individual score of at least 162 in all tests.
Disclaimer: The course entry requirements above are for 2023 Admission.
To qualify for the Diploma, a student must complete 80 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of:
- 80cp from Specified Units;
Students are required to follow the pattern of unit enrolment set out in the relevant Course Enrolment Guide, unless otherwise approved by the Course Coordinator. In all aspects of progress through the course, students will be advised by the Course Coordinator.
On completion of 80 credit points, students will be able to either articulate into the second year of the relevant Bachelor degrees listed with up to one year (80 CPs) equivalent of credit or exit with the Diploma in Exercise Science as a standalone qualification.
Successful completion of the Diploma in Exercise Science will provide an entry pathway into the following ACU degrees:
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
It may also provide a pathway to the following single and double degrees*:
- Bachelor of High Performance Sport
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
* Students seeking these pathways will require specific course advice about specified units, potential credit, and pattern of study. The amount of specified and unspecified credit will vary across degrees.
Successful completion of the Diploma in Exercise Science does not guarantee entry into ACU’s Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science without the student providing the correct non-academic assessment document for the relevant state.