1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
- North Sydney
- Brisbane - Not offered 2023
EFTSL value of units : All 10cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125. Units with a credit point (cp) value of a multiple of 10 have corresponding EFTSL values.
An applicant must comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy
International students must also meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy .
For domestic students to be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed:
- Equivalent of year 12 level with the ACU minimum eligibility rank for Diploma programs; OR
- Entry via an alternative pathway as approved by ACU.
International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in Schedule Three (Associate Degree, Diploma and Certificate courses) of the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy .
The entry requirements are as follows:
IELTS: Overall score: 6.0 individual score of: 5.5 in all tests
PTE: 50 with a minimum of 42 in all four communicative skills
TOEFL: Internet based total of 60: minimum 18 in writing, 8 in reading, 16 in speaking and 7 in listening
ACU English Language Test: C (60-64%)
CAE: Overall CAE: 169 Individual score of at least 162 in all tests.
Disclaimer: The course entry requirements above are for 2023 Admission.
To qualify for the Diploma, a student must complete 80 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of:
- 80cp from Specified Units (Part A)
Students are required to follow the pattern of unit enrolment set out in the relevant Course Enrolment Guide, unless otherwise approved by the Course Coordinator. In all aspects of progress through the course, students will be advised by the Course Coordinator.
On completion of 80 credit points, students will be able to either articulate into the second year of the relevant Bachelor degrees listed with up to one year (80 CPs) equivalent of credit or exit with the Diploma in Business as a standalone qualification.
Successful completion of the Diploma in Business will provide an entry pathway into the following ACU degrees:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration
It may also provide a pathway to the following double degrees*:
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Global Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Global Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science / Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Business Administration
*Students seeking these pathways will require specific course advice about specified units, potential credit, and pattern of study.