Course information for - 2023 entry
Offered at 2 locations
The Foundation Studies Program provides a pathway to ACU undergraduate degrees, for international and domestic students who wish to study at university but do not have a recognised Year 12 qualification.
You will study on campus and be immersed in the distinctive culture of the university throughout the course. You will become familiar with ACU facilities, resources and systems and in the academic expectations and assessment models used in undergraduate degrees at ACU. Class sizes will be small (a maximum of 20 students) and staffed to provide a highly supportive learning environment.
Foundation Studies aims to equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed at undergraduate level at ACU.
To complete the Foundation Studies, a student must complete 80 credit points (cp).
Sample program map
|Year - Study period||Unit 1||Unit 2||Unit 3||Unit 4||Unit 5|
FSAS001 Academic Communications Skills 1
FSMA001 Mathematics 1
FSSC001 Introduction to Science
FSCU001 Society and Culture
FSAS002 Academic Communications Skills 2
FSMA002 Mathematics 2
FSDL001 Digital Literacies
FSGS001 Global Studies
FSAS003 Academic Communications Skills 3
FSLL001 English Language and Literature
FSRP001 Communication for Reflective Practice
This is a sample program only and units will vary depending on your campus and mode of study. Please refer to the handbook for the prerequisite units and the current listing.
English language requirements
Minimum IELTS overall band score of 5.5 with no individual band less than 5.
Applicants whose intended undergraduate degree requires an English proficiency level of IELTS 7 or above, must have a minimum English proficiency level of IELTS 6 with no individual band less than 6, or equivalent.
- Unit fee: $20596
- Average first year fee: $20596
- Estimate total cost: $20596
The Tuition fees quoted above are for commencing students in the current year who undertake a normal full-time load. Fees are reviewed annually.
Tuition fees for continuing students may increase by up to 3 percent each year for the minimum duration of the course as provided on your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). Students who continue to study beyond the minimum duration will have the relevant annual commencing rate applied to their fees for subsequent study periods.
You should be able to concentrate on getting good marks instead of worrying about how you’ll pay your fees. We have a number of options that can help you ease the financial burden, including government assistance, scholarships and income support.
You could be eligible for one of the hundreds of scholarships we award each year to help students from across the university with the cost of studying, accommodation or overseas study opportunities. Some of our scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, but these aren’t just for the academically gifted; ACU also recognises excellence in community engagement and leadership. We also offer a range of scholarships for those who may be struggling financially or who have faced other barriers to accessing education.
How to apply
Direct applicationApply now
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must:
- have completed the equivalent of year 11 (completion of senior high school in countries where this is not considered equivalent to an Australian year 12). Refer to the minimum academic entry requirement by country ;
- have a minimum English language proficiency level of IELTS 5.5 with no individual band lees than 5, or equivalent. Applicants whose intended undergraduate degree requires an English proficiency level of IELTS 7 or above, must have a minimum English proficiency level of IELTS 6 with no individual band less than 6, or equivalent OR at least one full-time year of study of an Australian secondary or tertiary qualification at AQF Diploma level or higher. For more information please see: Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Additional instructions for international studies under 18 years of age.
No deferment available.
Students with a Student Visa will need to complete the program in minimum duration, study at least one subject on-campus each semester and must not undertake more than 33% of the program online.