21 July 2017Share
Deciding what to study is a pretty momentous decision. That’s why we run Open Day — it’s everything you need, in one place, to help make your choice. So take advantage of what’s on offer.
Talk to current students, academics, course experts, support staff and admissions experts. Work out if it is something you want to spend the next three or four years doing.
Here are 16 questions you should ask:
1. What does the course cover?
2. How many hours a week will I get face-to-face teaching?
3. What assessment methods are used?
4. What’s the split between lectures, tutorials and self-directed study?
5. What size are tutorial groups?
6. What deadlines will I have to meet?
7. How are the marks split between assignments and exams?
8. If I am stuck with an assignment, who can I go to for help?
9. How much use is made of information technology in teaching and learning?
10. How does the subject at ACU compare with the way it is taught at other unis?
11. What links does the faculty have with employers?
12. Do you build employability skills into the curriculum?
13. Are there opportunities for work experience and placements?
14. Do you help find the placements and are they paid?
15. Is study abroad an option and would it count towards the degree?
16. What kind of jobs do graduates go into?
ACU has Open Day activities at the following campuses:
223 Antill Street, Watson
Saturday 26 August 2017
9am – 4pm
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat
Sunday 27 August 2017
10am – 3pm
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy
Sunday 13 August 2017
10am – 4pm
40 Edward Street, North Sydney
Saturday 2 September 2017
8.30am – 2.30pm
25A Barker Road, Strathfield
Saturday 9 September 2017
8.30am – 2.30pm
To plan Open Day and to discover more about courses, student life, accommodation and international study opportunities, visit openday.acu.edu.au.