Mr Julien O'Connell AO
Since 2016, Mr Julien O’Connell AO has held the position of Pro-Chancellor, Australian Catholic University (ACU). Mr O’Connell has a long and distinguished career in insurance, accounting and risk management. He started, developed and expanded his own business, creating a highly diversified group, one of which is now part of an international group. He serves on several public bodies, including:
- Chairman, Villa Maria Catholic Homes
- Chairman, CEO Institute Syndicate
- Executive Chairman, Mercy Health Foundation
- Chairman, PM Glynn Institute
- Board Member, Catholic Health Australia
- Board Member, Archdiocese of Melbourne Finance Council
- Trade Attaché Victoria, Enterprise Ireland
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
He has also served on the following committees:
- Chairman, Mercy Health
- Chairman, Fraynework Board
The Pro-Chancellor’s significant service to the community was recognised with an Order of Australia (AO) in the 2020 Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Mr O’Connell was previously awarded an AM (Member of the Order) medal in 2013, in honour of his work in the community. This year, his service has been further recognised with a prestigious AO (Officer of the Order) medal, celebrating his contributions to community health in the aged care sector, and to higher education.