The ACU Centre for Liturgy, in conjunction with ACU’s Faculty of Theology and Philosophy, periodically provides opportunities for musicians, liturgists, clergy, teachers, pastoral associates, parishioners, members of Liturgy Committees and Commissions to participate as Professional Learners in academic units in the study of liturgy. Teachers who wish to apply for professional development accreditation hours for attendance at these may request a certificate of attendance to support this.
Professional Learning opportunities for 2023 will be advertised in due course.
Training and professional development for Catholic educators
We provide schools and Catholic education offices with targeted professional development sessions and workshops tailored to address the needs of primary and secondary school teachers, religious education leaders, and worshiping communities.
- Liturgy and liturgical principles
- The sacramentality of religious leadership
- Celebrating masses with young children: top ten hints
- Celebrating non-sacramental liturgies in school communities
- Exploring the Directory for Masses with Children and the Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children
- How to celebrate well in Catholic schools
- Engaging youth in liturgical celebrations
- Liturgical music for primary schools
- Sacraments of initiation
- Sacraments of healing.
Pastoral training and formation sessions on these and other topics can also be tailored to meet specific school community needs.