Terms and conditions
Approved by ACU OGC: 12/01/2021
ACT permit No: TP 21/00048
SA permit No: T21/27
NT permit No: Not required
TAS permit No: Not required
WA permit No: Not required
QLD permit No: Not required
VIC permit No: Not required
- By submitting the ‘Register Your Interest’ form, entrants are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the competition (Terms). Instructions on how to enter the competition and details advertising the competition form part of the Terms.
- Australian Catholic University Limited ABN 15 050 192 660 (ACU) through its Marketing and External Relations team is the promoter of the competition.
- The competition opens at 9am (AEST) on Monday 1 Feb 2021 and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Monday 31 January 2022.
- Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of 14. Entrants under the age of 15 must obtain consent from their parent or guardian to enter. If a winner is under 15 years of age, then ACU reserves the right in its absolute discretion to a verify this consent in writing before awarding any prize.
- The competition may be entered in one of three ways:
- submit a hard-copy “ACU Register Your Interest” form to an ACU Future Students staff member; or
- submit the electronic “ACU Register Your Interest” form on an ACU iPad or online ( http://www.acu.edu.au/study-at-acu/register-your-interest); or
- attend an ACU event and complete an ‘ACU Register Your Interest’ form.
- To validly enter the competition, entrants must complete all required fields on the ‘Register Your Interest’ form, including but not limited to their full name, current email address and current mobile phone number.
- One valid entry is permitted per person.
- Entry is free however, any expenses incurred in accessing the entry form and/or attending the relevant event are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Current ACU students, staff and immediate family of ACU staff are ineligible to enter the competition.
Competition prize draw and winners
- The competition winners will be randomly drawn by ACU Marketing and External Relations at 12pm on Monday 7 February 2022 at the Australian Catholic University, 21 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
- The winners will be notified by Friday 11 February 2022 via the contact details they provided on the ‘ACU Register Your Interest’ from.
- Should the winners not acknowledge receipt of their prize by 9am on Friday 18 February 2022 a redraw will take place at 9.30am on Friday 18 February 2022 at Australian Catholic University, 21 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
- The winners agree that their identity and entry may be disclosed in winner announcements on Friday 11 February 2022, on the ACU website and any other marketing material deemed appropriate by ACU.
- Winners of the redraw agree that their identity and entry may be disclosed in winner announcements on Friday 18 February 2022 on the ACU website and any other marketing material deemed appropriate by ACU.
- The winners agree to participate in any ACU marketing or promotional activities, subject to their availability. This may include, but is not limited to, being profiled in news releases, advertisements, on ACU owned channels and speaking at ACU events/functions. Winners acknowledge that they will not be reimbursed for these promotional activities.
- Entrants have sole responsibility for ensuring that ACU has your current and updated contact details. The conditional winners must acknowledge receipt of the notification or the prize will be redrawn.
- First prize
- The total value for each first prize is up to a maximum value of $2500 to be used towards costs associated with studying at ACU. Costs may include, but are not limited to, tuition, uniforms, textbooks, laptop, costs associated with practicals or university-run study trips.
- Two, equal first prizes will be awarded. One prize will be awarded to each of the following categories:
- Student registering interest to commence undergraduate study
- Student registering interest to commence postgraduate study
- Redemption of first prize is conditional on the winner applying to ACU, being accepted to ACU and accepting their offer for Semester One, 2022, or accepting their offer and applying to defer. The prize will not be awarded before the winner commences study at ACU and can only be undertaken during tenure as a student with ACU.
- The expenses for which the funds will be used must be approved by the ACU Director of Marketing and External Relations and the ACU Associate Director Future Students (or their nominees).
- The prize must be redeemed within one year of being awarded, unless an extension is sought by the winner to the ACU Director, Marketing and External Relations (which may be granted at ACU’s sole discretion).
- A minimum of one months’ written notice of intention to redeem must be given to the ACU Director, Marketing and External Relations.
- The winner agrees that any personal loss or injury incurred in the undertaking of the any study related activity, trips or practicals is their responsibility.
- Second prize
- The total value of second prize is one MacBook Air 13” (Value: $1,999). If the prize items are not available, the winner will receive an item of similar value.
- Redemption of this prize is available to all those who submit a ‘Register Your Interest’ form, excluding current ACU students and staff.
- Third prize
- The total value of third prize is 5 x ‘Ultimate Ears Boom 3’ portable speaker night black (Value: $200 per item).
- One prize will be awarded to each of the following categories:
- Student registering interest to study in Queensland
- Student registering interest to study in New South Wales
- Student registering interest to study in the Australian Capital Territory
- Student registering interest to study in Victoria
- Student registering interest to study in South Australia or online
- The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are non-transferable or exchangeable.
Privacy and Data Protection
- ACU collects and holds personal information about you (as an entrant in the competition) to include you in the competition, administer the competition and, where appropriate, award prizes.
- By submitting the ‘Register Your Interest’ form all entrants are also consenting to receive email communication about ACU courses, events and activities.
- ACU reserves the right to amend these Terms at its sole discretion (subject to state regulation).
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of this competition is not capable of proceeding as planned, is interfered with, or disrupted in any way, ACU reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, modify or recommence the competition.
- ACU is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as arising from, or in connection with the prize. The winner agrees that any loss or damage to the prize item/s sustained after receipt is the sole responsibility of the winner.