Register Your Interest (RYI) prize
Terms and conditions
ACT permit No: ACT TP 16/02510
- By submitting the ‘Open Day register your interest’ form, you are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the prize draw. Instructions on how to enter the draw and details advertising the prize draw form part of the conditions.
- Australian Catholic University Limited ABN 15 050 192 660 (ACU) through its Marketing and External Relations team is the promoter of the prize draw.
- The prize draw opens at 9am (AEST) on Monday 3 April 2017 and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Sunday 10 September 2017.
- The prize draw may be entered in one of two ways:
- Register on an ACU iPad at an ACU-attended event prior to or at Open Day
- Submit the online ‘Open Day register your interest’ form on openday.acu.edu.au or other ACU Open Day webpages
- To enter the competition, entrants must submit a valid name and email address on the ‘Open Day register your interest’ form.
- One valid entry per person.
- Entry is free (other than accessing the entry form and/or attending the event which is the entrant’s responsibility).
- The competition is open to prospective students wishing to commence study in any ACU undergraduate course in Semester 1, 2018.
- Redemption of the prize is conditional on the winner applying to ACU, being accepted to ACU and enrolling in Semester One, 2018. The prize will not be awarded before the winner commences study at ACU.
- Current ACU students and staff are excluded from entry in the draw.
- By submitting the ‘Open Day register your interest’ form all entrants are consenting to receive email communication about ACU courses, events and activities.
- The winner will be randomly drawn by ACU Marketing and External Relations on Wednesday 4 October 2017 at the Australian Catholic University, 1100 Nudgee Road, Banyo QLD 4014.
- The winner will be notified by Friday 6 October 2017 via the contact details they provided. Their name will also be published on openday.acu.edu.au.
- Entrants have sole responsibility for ensuring that ACU has your current and updated contact details. The conditional winner must acknowledge receipt of the notification or the prize will be redrawn.
- Should the winner not acknowledge receipt of their prize by 9am on Wednesday, 13 December 2017, a redraw will take place at 9.30am on Wednesday 13 December 2017 at Australian Catholic University, 1100 Nudgee Road, Banyo QLD 4014.
- The winner agrees that their identity and entry may be disclosed in winner announcements on the ACU website and any other marketing material deemed appropriate by ACU.
- The winner agrees to participate in any ACU marketing or promotional activities, subject to their availability, during their time at ACU. This may include, but is not limited to, being profiled in news releases, advertisements, on ACU owned channels and speaking at ACU events/functions.
- The total prize is to the maximum value of $5,000 to be used towards the costs associated with an ACU approved study-related trip to the ACU Rome Centre. Costs may include, but are not limited to, airfares, accommodation, local transport, excursions and meals. The study component of the trip is limited to the ACU units offered at The ACU Rome Centre during the semester of study, and during the study period accommodation will only be available through The ACU Rome Centre.
- The Rome trip must be approved by the ACU Director of Marketing and External Relations and the ACU Director of International Marketing (or their nominees).
- The prize must be redeemed within three years of being awarded. A minimum of two months’ written notice of intention to redeem must be given to the ACU Director, Marketing and External Relations.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The winner agrees that any personal loss or injury incurred in the undertaking of the trip to Rome is their responsibility.