Theology and Philosophy
Short Course on the Passion of Jesus
How do the New Testament authors understand the Passion of Jesus?
Why was Jesus tried and convicted?
Why did Jesus die?
How to understand the liturgical traditions commemorating Jesus’ Passion?
Topics and Speakers
Wednesday 15 February: The Synoptic Gospel traditions of Christ’s Passion
Dr Ian Elmer, Australian Catholic University
Wednesday 22 February: Saint Paul as the earliest Christian writer on Christ’s death and resurrection
Dr Emmanuel Nathan, Australian Catholic University
Wednesday 1 March: ASH WEDNESDAY (no lecture)
Wednesday 8 March: The Gospel of John and the Death of Jesus
Dr Debra Snoddy, Catholic Institute of Sydney
Wednesday 15 March: Liturgical Theology and the Music of the Paschal Triduum
Dr Jason McFarland, ACU Centre for Liturgy
- $100 for those requiring a Certificate of Attendance*
- $50 attendance only
- Free for all current ACU students (not requiring a Certificate of Attendance for accreditation purposes)
- Accreditation to work, teach and lead in a Catholic School - Categories A, B and C.
- Accreditation to teach Religious Education - Category D
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School - Category E