Theology and Philosophy
An opportunity to explore the accounts of Jesus’ trial, suffering and death in the lead-up to Lent and Easter:
- How do each of the Gospels understand the Passion of Jesus?
- Why was Jesus tried and convicted?
- What is the meaning of Jesus’ suffering?
- Why did Jesus die?
Explore the world of Christianity with experts from the School of Theology at ACU.
Topics and Speakers
Wednesday 8 March: Introducing Passion Narratives and the Passion Narrative in the Gospel of Matthew
Dr Michael Theophilos
Wednesday 15 March: The Passion Narrative in the Gospel of Luke
Dr Elizabeth Dowling RSM
Wednesday 22 March: The Passion Narrative in the Gospel of Mark
Rev Prof Francis Moloney SDB
Wednesday 29 March: The Passion Narrative in the Gospel of John, with theological synthesis
Dr Drasko Dizdar
6-8pm (Refreshments from 6pm, lecture starts at 6:30pm).
Christ Lecture Theatre, ACU Melbourne Campus, 115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy.
- $100 for those requiring a Certificate of Attendance*
- $50 attendance only
- Free for all current ACU students (not requiring a Certificate of Attendance for accreditation purposes)
* This Course has been approved for 6 hours towards “Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School” (4 hours for Category C and 2 hours for Category A).
This course does not involve assessment and is not for university credit. It is a general introduction and is open to the public.
For more information, or to discuss alternative methods of payment, please email Dr. Joel Hodge.