Theology and Philosophy
Pope Francis has proclaimed 2016 as the Year of Mercy. Within this context, ACU will explore the following questions from the perspective of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Indian traditions:
- What is Mercy?
- What do these religions teach about Mercy?
- How is Mercy lived by believers in these traditions?
Dates, Topics and Lecture Slides
- Monday, 8th August: "Mercy in Buddhism" (Dr Janet Xiang-Yu Hou and Dr Ven Miao Xin)
- Monday, 15th August: "Mercy in Judaism" (Rabbi Fred Morgan)
- Monday, 22nd August: "Mercy in Islam" (Fatih Erol Tuncer)
- Monday, 29th August: "Mercy in Christianity" (Dr Maeve Louise Heaney)
6-8pm (Refreshments from 6pm, lecture starts at 6:30pm)
ACU Leadership Centre
Level 3, 229 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane.
Parking is available onsite, entrance off Charlotte St. Exit car-park to cathedral precinct with a short walk towards Elizabeth St.
- $80 for those requiring a Certificate of Attendance*
- $40 attendance only
* A Certificate of Attendance is issued.
This course has been accredited by the Brisbane Catholic Education Office for 6 hours towards Accreditation to Teach Religion in a Catholic School and Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School.
Registration is essential and closes Friday, 5th August.
This course does not involve assessment and is not for university credit. It is a general introduction and is open to the public.
For more information, or to discuss alternative methods of payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.