Theology and Philosophy
Two PhD scholarships are being offered as part of a research project lead by Professor Robert Audi (University of Notre Dame and ACU).
A start date around the middle of the year is envisaged.
The scholarships will run concurrently with the operation of the new Centre for Moral Philosophy and Applied Ethics in the Institute for Religion and Critical Inquiry. Projects within the Centre are aimed at uniting theoretical work – particularly on reasons and virtues – with applications to questions of the distribution of benefits and burdens within just and fair societies, and on questions of the treatment of the vulnerable, particularly in areas where agency and autonomy are undermined.
Applicants should provide evidence of:
- An Honours or research Master’s degree in philosophy, with first class honours (or H1 equivalent).
- Academic excellence (including but not limited to academic awards or grants)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute skilfully to a team
- A high level of verbal and written English proficiency
- Prior research experience and publication of research findings are desirable
How to apply:
Please use the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form. Applicants should also include a cover letter of not more than two pages providing evidence of:
- Academic excellence, including, but not limited to, academic awards or grants;
- Ability to contribute to a team;
- English language skills; and
- Previous research experience.
Scholarship Applications should be forwarded to: