ACU has a proud history as one of the leading providers of teacher education in Australia and our Catholic tradition ensures that our Religious Education programs are highly respected in the field.
If you would like to extend your skill set as a primary or secondary educator to include the teaching of religious education, our Graduate Certificate in Religious Education will provide you with the fundamental knowledge, skills, competencies and basic certification required to teach religious education in any Australian jurisdiction.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Religious Education provides opportunities for further studies in religious education and can assist you in integrating the theory and practice of religious education, while engaging you in a critical reading of relevant literature. You will emerge from this course as a reflective practitioner of the discipline, able to integrate its many dimensions in a theoretical framework.
If you intend to pursue RE accreditation you are advised to check with your employing authority to ensure you complete the required combination of units. Each diocese has slightly different requirements.
If you have a special interest in religious education at the school, parish or diocesan level, then our Master of Religious Education will support you in becoming a thinker, researcher, evaluator and leader in your field.
As an ACU Religious Education graduate what valued skills will you possess?
- The ability to access and communicate Christian and other religious traditions effectively
- The capacity explore and critique issues in the literature of religious education and to contribute to professional discussion and writing in the field
- Familiarity with creative approaches to religious education
- An understanding of the influence of cultural and historical factors in the development of religious education
- The tools and capacity to reflect critically on the integration of the personal, spiritual and professional dimensions of religious education
- A passion for and commitment to the generation and dissemination of knowledge, skills and attitudes that can facilitate the implementation of high quality religious education for all individuals
Where to from ACU?
- These courses are designed to provide qualifications for those interested in pursuing a career as a religious educator across a variety of educational settings, or to further develop their already established careers