Admission to ACU through VET studies
ACU considers Vocational Education Training (VET) studies a significant pathway into university. By completing a certificate IV, diploma or advanced diploma at a TAFE or registered training organisation (RTO), you may be eligible for one of the following admission pathway options:
- direct application, where guaranteed entry and/or credit towards an ACU degree exists in a partnership agreement between your institution and ACU
- application for admission through QTAC, UAC or VTAC with an improved rank (academic entrance score) and/or credit for your VET studies.
How to apply to ACU using VET studies
There are two options for applying to ACU using VET studies:
ACU has a number of formal partnership agreements with TAFE and other private VET providers which include guaranteed entry into an ACU degree and/or credit for your previous studies. You must complete, or be about to complete, the VET qualification before applying to articulate to ACU.
Check the Credit and Articulation Agreement Search to see if the course you studied has a formal guaranteed entry and/or credit agreement with ACU.
If your previous institution and course are not listed here you can still apply for admissions via QTAC, UAC or VTAC and apply for credit when you have accepted your offer and enrolled.
Partnership institutions include:
- ACUcom – Ballarat, Brisbane, Melbourne, North Sydney
- Box Hill Institute – Victoria
- Canberra Institute of Technology - ACT
- TAFE NSW
- TAFE QLD
- Private RTOs
If your VET course is part of a current partnership agreement with ACU you can apply directly via the Credit and Articulation Agreement Search.
- Click the 'apply' button for the course and campus you wish to attend at ACU and complete the online application.
- Any credit listed within the relevant agreement will be applied automatically to your ACU student record, ensuring this is a simple, one step process.
If your VET institution and course are not listed in the Credit and Articulation Agreement Search you can still apply to study a degree at ACU.
Submit an application for admission via your local Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC):
- Submit an Application for Credit/Recognition of Prior Learning after you have received and accepted an offer to study at ACU by enrolling in your chosen course.
If you are an international student please contact ACU International Admissions directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions please contact AskACU.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1117926