About this scholarship
Established in 2015, the Mercy Scholarship aims to promote a culture of valuing human life and to support the eventual abolition of the death penalty internationally.
- Open: Friday, 1 September 2017
- Close: Saturday, 30 September 2017
- Awarded annually as a tuition fee waiver equivalent to the full tuition of the recipient’s course duration up to four years.
- There are two scholarships available.
- Citizenship: international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: undergraduate
- received an offer for a place in an undergraduate degree at ACU
- be a citizen or permanent resident of a country classified by Amnesty International as ‘retentionist’ in relation to capital punishment
- be commencing in their studies at ACU and be enrolled at the time of scholarship award
- not be in receipt of any other ACU, Australian or foreign government tuition scholarship.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 750 words on the theme of 'The sanctity of human life';
- Academic transcript (for your highest level of education);
- Letter of offer (for a place in an undergraduate degree at ACU).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic performance
- The recipients will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and selected by a selection committee consisting of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Students, Learning and Teaching; the Executive Director, International; and the Executive Dean, Theology and Philosophy.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a Skype interview and deliver a presentation on ‘The sanctity of human life’.
Recipients are required to maintain the following:
- a full-time study load
- a GPA of at least 4.0 on the ACU seven point scale
- submission of annual letter of appreciation.
Recipients are required to submit an annual letter of appreciation explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Countries of eligibility will be determined by ACU on an annual basis.
Page last updated: 2017-11-21
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/774300